Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Little fushia bag

I thought as my first official post, I'd choose something a bit unconventional. Usually when I make a bag (and I've made dozens; I have rather a bag obsession, like most women), I sew, knit, or crochet one. Not this time. Recently at the bookstore, I found this fabulous little book: Simply Sublime Bags by Jodi Kahn. How could I pass up a name like that?! The book features no sew and low sew creations that are quite fun and innovative, so I had to try one. I chose the Keyhole Clutch and made this little cutie:


It's a fat quarter on the outside, and turquoise duct tape on the inside. It uses staples and duct tape to keep it all together. It holds all of my essentials, as you can see, and I can find it anywhere in the house, as it glows. A very successful first project out of this wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment